Author Topic: parotid gland cancer & Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 18694 times)

genko_b

Re: parotid gland cancer & Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »
We will all be thinking of you.

Take care,

Genko

Katybarstool

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 01:27:33 PM »
GMX

All the very best for tomorrow.

Kathyx

tomsmom

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 01:30:31 PM »
I'm thinking of you as well.  I'm so sorry about your diagnosis and I will be praying that you make a full recovery.

JannaLee

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »
Darling child,

Yeah, you should stick around to annoy the entire world!!  lol!!

I have the same aversion to doctors and have wondered if my illness is some kind of sadistic cosmic joke or does God want me to learn to make myself do things I truly hate.

I'm sorry to say, I agree, you probably should find AND visit the appropriate 'ologists. 

I am thinking of you, my dear and wishing for your wellness.

Janna

Gail

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »
GMX,

I am very sorry about this new development that you got.

You have a very positive attitude in all your posts.

You are in my prayers.

Hope you will have some good news from your doctor about the treatment that you can get.

Just keep posting.

Gail.

gsmraxe

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 08:47:44 AM »
Darling child,

Yeah, you should stick around to annoy the entire world!!  lol!!

I have the same aversion to doctors and have wondered if my illness is some kind of sadistic cosmic joke or does God want me to learn to make myself do things I truly hate.

I'm sorry to say, I agree, you probably should find AND visit the appropriate 'ologists. 

I am thinking of you, my dear and wishing for your wellness.

Janna

Wow, another person like me who dislikes doctors!  I'm terrified of them, which is probably why I'm having all of these problems.  ;)  I think someone has it in for me, what's next?  The only thing I'll be able to eat is meatloaf and canned green beans!  I'll have to starve!  :D :D

Thanks and thanks Gail and everyone else.  It's difficult to NOT have a positive attitude, or else I'd have to give up, and the alternative doesn't work for me.  Giving up is one of the things that scares me the most.  Because then I'd be as good as gone, and I'm not ready, I'm only 40 after all.   ;D

I guess after the surgeries and if I'm all good to go, I'll drive another rheumy crazy for a while.  Lets see how many trips I make to the next one...Maybe I'll pick a male dr this time.  Maybe he'll have more patience with me than the others do.   :D

season

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »
Oh my. 40. You're still a child with lots of fight in you. Open up a can of Whoop-Butt and fight till the cancer is beaten. I will keep you in my prayers and hoping that you will be given some good news as well. I have a hard time trusting doctors because I think I know better about how to treat myself than they do. I'm probably wrong most of the time. Good luck. Season

BonusMom

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 06:43:49 AM »
So very sorry to hear of your most recent challenge. Don't mess with the "c" and start collecting those ologists like the rest of us.  Keep us posted. 

gsmraxe

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 07:58:47 AM »
I saw the surgeon, seems they're going to cut, look at a piece under the microscope, if it's cancer, they'll cut out the parotid, along with the facial nerve, which I can have recon surgery another time (so I can blink).  He'll then cut my lymph nodes in my neck and see if there's cancer there.

If it's benign, they'll just cut out part of the parotid.  The pathology report claimed "poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma".  I couldn't find much info on the net, so I'll see after the surgery.

I do have them stumped tho, I have 2 very rare types of cancer (parotid and Medullary).  They just can't figure out how I got so lucky  ;) ;) ;)

I almost forgot, if it's cancer, then I have to have radiation too.  This and the facial nerve cutting scares me the most. 

ohiolady

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 08:25:23 AM »
Oh, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.  I hate the C word.  I pray with all my heart that IT IS NOT CANCER.  I hope that we can be a support to you.  Please unload all of your fears and concerns and allow us to just be here for you.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Epson

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »
Well, at least there's a chance that it's not cancer, but the waiting is worse then the surgery, for me it was easy, they look inside my bladder and yep it's cancer when do you want your surgery this week or next and what hospital.  It's good that they found it while it's still in an operable stage and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Katybarstool

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »
GSM

I'm not surprised you are feeling worried - any of us would be. Just know that we are all keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Hugs
Kathyx 

Billydude

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 10:14:15 PM »
I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well.  Wishing you the best.  It sure sounds scary.

tellit2me

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
Hey, That is actually how I was diagnosed.  Try not to worry to much.  I had malt lymphoma. They took out the gland and cancer it gone.  No chemo. Thank God.  But it does take time to heal.

Epson

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »
Malt lymphoma :o please don't tell me it's from drinking too many malted milks.