Author Topic: Leg and back issues  (Read 3563 times)

harlin

Leg and back issues
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »
I have been having numbness and tingling in both my legs. I went to the chiropractor this morning and he thinks maybe it is coming from my back. Well he adjusted me today and now my back really hurts. He said I could have a blown disc.

When you have neuropothy what does your legs feel like?
harlin

Sha

Re: Leg and back issues
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »
Harlin~ I hope you get some answers to this!:-)

Hugs!

Sha

Shani

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »
I don't have Neuropathy in the legs.
But I do have alike symptoms from Neuropathy caused by Plaquenil most likely (which I have quit about three days now.)

It feels like your feet and hands are on fire but they don't feel warm.
Or they feel like they are frozen but don't feel cold.
Aswell like little pins or needles are poking you.
Electric shocks going through your limbs.
Tickle and tingling feelings that worsen at night (same with the burning).
It's a very whining pain that can drive you nutty basically.

There is many people whom suffer from Neuropathy so someone should come along soon and give a better explaination.:)
It could be indeed caused by your back or it could be neurogical related, I hope you get answers to this.

Gentle hugs. :-*

navydad

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:05:44 PM »
I hope its not neuropathy,, mine just seems to be worsening,,

CAT1962

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
Shani,

I have never been on the medication, but have the symptoms you describe. My father had Peripheral Neuropathy. His feet burned, and had the "shocks" in them all the time. i felt so bad for him. I have never been "formally" DX with PN, but my former PCP said I could "possibly" have it... :P

gphx

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 04:23:22 PM »
My feet tingle to burn pretty much all the time. This week I actually tried to do some minor activities. My arms went numb. My mri showed a couple of blown disks and cervical (neck) stenosis but neither the doctor nor the neuro felt they were sufficient to account for my symptoms. Turns out Sjogren's Syndrome in itself is sufficient. In my opinion the following page is a wonderful compilation of possible neuro effects of Sjogren's:

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/mandel.htm
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

gphx

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 04:27:10 PM »
Shani, what a great description. For neurotypicals who can't understand why we're exhausted all the time we could just stand next to their bedside while they try to fall asleep and keep poking them,'Hey...........hey............hey'.
Dxed unspecific 'sicca syndrome' eyes and mouth. Neuro issues, muscle weakness. SS Seronegative but high inflammatory markers. Diabetes dx 2010. Glucose control improved neuromuscular issues. Enlarged thyroid under observation 2013. Yippee.

CAT1962

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
GP...Good one! Perfect!  :D

harlin

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
It feels like your feet and hands are on fire but they don't feel warm.
Or they feel like they are frozen but don't feel cold.
Aswell like little pins or needles are poking you.
Electric shocks going through your limbs.
Tickle and tingling feelings that worsen at night (same with the burning).
It's a very whining pain that can drive you nutty basically.

This is how my legs feel. OMG I don't want this too! Will it ever go away??
Thanks everyone. harlin

CAT1962

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »
Harlin, I sympathize. My feet either feel so cold, there is NOTHING I can do to make them warm. I have the lil hand warmer packets...lol..stick one down by my feet. They work after a bit...somewhat. A few yrs ago, I would have my husband wrap my feet in cold, wet wash clothes when they burned...worked but was temporary.

navydad

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 04:36:46 AM »
When a GP (thinks) you have PN, you need to be tested, if EMG studies dont show any problems demand a punch biopsy, its been said here many times that a lot of us have had the EMG studies,, been told there is nothing wrong until you get a smart Neuro to do a punch biopsy,, I think they can do it in the GP office if there versed in it,,

All of you kow y nightmare,, so many EMG studies, and being told nothing is wrong, only to find out it was small fiber neuropathy, I belive now if they did a EMG study it would show some large nerve involvement, arms are fopping around, legs feel like concrete,, and its impossible to go out in the cold,, I have to wonder how many people fall through the cracks becasue Neuros or Gp;s just dont take our symptoms seriously enough to investigate further,

Neuropathy is horrible,, it has to be one of the most depressing parts of this disease,, when you suffer from dry eyes dry mouth, chronic dry sinuses, and to add in neuropathy,, it almost becomes to much to handle

harlin

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »
Our symptoms are real and no one understands that!
Last night I got so mad. I went to dinner with a friend of mine and we were talking about another lady that we both knew. She said " that lady is a hyperchondriac". Well this lady has Sjogrens and RA. I told my friend that she didn't know what she was talking about. This poor lady does have a lot of problems all related to Sjogrens and RA.
No one understands what we all go thru and I am so tired of it. The public needs educated on Sjogrens. I think I educated her really well. I don't think she will look at our friend the same again.

It is so irritating when no one understands. They just don't get it.
hugs, harlin

navydad

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
Our symptoms are real and no one understands that!
Last night I got so mad. I went to dinner with a friend of mine and we were talking about another lady that we both knew. She said " that lady is a hyperchondriac". Well this lady has Sjogrens and RA. I told my friend that she didn't know what she was talking about. This poor lady does have a lot of problems all related to Sjogrens and RA.
No one understands what we all go thru and I am so tired of it. The public needs educated on Sjogrens. I think I educated her really well. I don't think she will look at our friend the same again.

It is so irritating when no one understands. They just don't get it.
hugs, harlin
No one will get it Harlin,, its hard to feel sorry for someone when hte pain and suffering is invisible,, I just spent the last hour pacing from the pain in my arms and back,, like icewater being dripped down me,,