Author Topic: So Fed Up!  (Read 6333 times)

Dolly Dimples

Re: So Fed Up!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »
             Hi Joy,
               The chocolate that had the highest content of cocoa that I could find here in UK had 85% content of cocoa.

I bought it at Sainsbury, and think it was their own brand (brain fog again)

Doc just said to buy the highest we could get.  I'd suggest doing a google search for more info...
                                                        Dolly

jaygee

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »
I wish I liked dark chocolate, but can't bear the stuff  ;D

I am feeling a tiny bit perkier tonight after taking the prednisone this morning.  Will see how I go on over the weekend. 

Thanks for the support and the hugs  ;D    xx

RobinBat

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »
How much of the chocolate did the doctor say to eat? Might help my Mom...Will pass on the info...Thanks :)

harrigan

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Hope you feel better very soon JG - sounds miserable.  Have you managed to take time off without too much hassle? XX have a restful weekend, Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
Sorry to hear JG, that you have been feeling so poorly.  I hope you soon feel better.

I do hope you have taken time to rest, in all this, surly you have not been trying to work too?

Blessings kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

jaygee

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:07:24 PM »
Hi Kimbo - I worked on Monday and Tuesday (Tuesday was a loooonnngg day) but then worked from home Wednesday.  With a laptop and mobile and can get a lot done in the comfort of my home without the commute, etc.  But I called in sick Thursday as I feel so rotten.

I took 30mg prednisolone this morning and feel ever so slightly perkier this evening, although my mouth and eyes are now really dry.  Huh, not sure whether to take it or not tomorrow.  The cough has cleared a little, too, just am so very tired  ::)    xx

Katybarstool

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
Hi

The dark chocolate has helped me to cut the phlegm in the past. Another old remedy is Lime Cordial - an elderly neighbour gave me some when I was ill and my children were little. I drank it to humour her, but you know, it did help with the gunk. Worth a try.

Kathyx

jaygee

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 01:41:45 PM »
Thanks Kathy - I like lime, so may try that  :D

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »
jaygee, I can't say that I have ever heard anyone complain of getting dry from the cortisone meds. If you are feeling a little better that is good. Hopefully when the med is gone you will be much improved. Sometimes we just need a jolt of steroid to kick us up a notch. Our body can't handle all the stress of the illness plus the AI disease and we sort of bog down. Have to bite the bullet and do the burst of steroid to get back to living. Hope you get well fast. Irish ;D

jaygee

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »
Well I didn't sleep all night  ::)

Surprisingly, though, I feel really well today.  Still coughing a little, but feel much more "normal".   Didn't take a second dose this morning, after having not slept all night.  Thought I might try half a dose tomorrow.  xx

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
jaygee, If you are having trouble sleeping call your doc and get something to help you get through these days. If you cut your med dose it can affect your bodies response to the prednisone. Maybe you need to call and talk to your doc or his nurse to see if a lower dose would help.

I don't tolerate prednisone either but I have to take the burst and taper dose or a few days higher doses on occasion. My burst and taper is 3 days of 30 mgm, 3 days of 20 mgm and 3 days of 10 mgm and then back to my every other day 10 mgm. I get wired beyond belief on the usualy burst and taper which generally starts with 60 mgm and tapers down. These burst and tapers work really well and are used quite a bit. I saw a lot of this when I was working as a nurse. Sometimes we think we are having an infection or something that needs antibiotics and it is the inflammatory process that is causing the problem thus the need for prednisone.

When we have an increased inflammatory response the white cells rush to the area and can cause an increase in mucus, etc. Good luck. Irish ;D