Author Topic: 10 minutes / 30 day commitment, who will join me?  (Read 49772 times)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: 10 minutes / 30 day commitment, who will join me?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 08:08:15 AM »
OK Bucky - will give it a try.  :)

I spend time outside most days because we have to supervise the kids we're working with. I do sometimes leave it to my colleagues though.

I'll be spending more than 10 minutes a day outside the week after next because we are taking the kids from work away on a canal boat for a week. I'll be tramping the tow path for several hours a day I would think.  :o

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Nans

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 08:17:37 AM »
Like Genko, I am outside everyday.  I raise dairy goats, have chickens and a horse so must go out to do chores twice a day.  If it still counts even though I have to go out, I'm in too!

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 08:40:58 AM »
Day 1

Happy Wednesday to you all.   ;D  Today starts Day 1 of our 30 day commitment to being outside for at least 10 minutes each day. 

Yes, being outside for daily chores counts as time outside.   :D   

Today as I was spending my time outside I thought about Sjogren's World and all the people who have "discovered" this site (myself included).  We come from around the world with different backgrounds, different circumstances, different health issues.  As different as we all are . . . yet, we're all alike.  We are trying to live our lives the best we can with the heath issues that have come into our lives.  Are there days we feel like we can't handle one more diagnose, one more doctor, one more setback?  Sure.  There are also days when you don't physically hurt "as much" and you almost feel "normal" (whatever normal is  ???).  Cherish those days.   ;D

I'm really excited that you have "chosen" to come on this 30-day commitment with me.  That's the beauty of Sjogren's World . . we're not on this journey alone if we reach out to each other.  Nobody understands what we're going thru more than each of us here.  I hope today is a good one for you.  I look forward to checking back in with you tomorrow.

If you are just now reading this thread, it's not too late to join us.   ;D

Bucky

"Don't waste time waiting for inspiration.  Begin, and inspiration will find you."        H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

roetta

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 10:55:52 AM »
I'm in!!!

Roetta   ;D

DanzGrl

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »
I'm in too! :D  What a great idea!   It's raining here today!

fatburningmachine

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 11:46:09 AM »
I am in too. Remind me once in a while.

Poochie

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
Okay, I swept the porch, shook scatter rugs, and the floor mop, washed the bay window and picked up sticks in the yard from last weeks wind storm.  I think I spent about 45 mins. outside all together.  Whew!

Now I'm running the vacumn and dusting inside. :D  I should sleep good tonight.  ;D

Hope you all had a good day also.

Hugs, Pooh

P.S. Dinner is in the crock pot.  Chicken, carrots, celery, potatoes and a little onion.  I'll make gravy and cook some noodles.  It sure smells good right now.  ;)

eyeamdry

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »
Pooh, boy, you are "smokin" today!  Hope you have a good nights sleep tonight.  Lucy

ginger_pops

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 12:31:55 PM »
count me in bucky great idea xx

jaygee

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »
What a lovely post :)

Count me in.  Mind you I am outdoors every day, whether I choose to or not, as I have to walk the dogs and see to the horses.  I have a huge collection of layers for every type of weather!!   (Mind you, there are definitely things I wear that shouldn't be allowed in public!!!  I sometimes have hay in my hair, accidentally, and look like no-one owns me!! ;D ;D ;D)   xx

lori

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
yep- count me in- Ive been trying to sit ou on my porch atleast 10 min when the sun is out or walk if my feet /hips can handle it.

:)lori

eyeamdry

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »
I went out late (4 pm) and shook a couple of outdoor rugs.  Yuck.  Wet, bugs, leaves etc.  Then I sat at the picnic table and read the newspaper which takes about 10 minutes.

We are taking a few days trip this weekend and i thought "what a time to clean out the car."  We have 3, so just one isn't but a drop in the bucket.  I washed the inside of the windows.  Brought some stuff into the house that was not supposed to be in the car.  Hubby got out the big old garage vacuum and I vacuumed the car inside and shook the rugs.  It is beautiful.

I'm all winded now.  My butt hurts from bending over.  I'm sure that was a sight for anyone driving by.  Thanks Bucky.

Lucy

Redetha1

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »
#27  I am in---That is a great number-was born on 27th  Hope everyone sticks to it.  We get lots of rain but I can sit on the porch.  This is a great idea.  Hugs to you all

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »
Yay . . . we have met one goal . . . getting 20 people to commit . . actually, we've EXCEEDED my goal . . . Lori makes #21.  Welcome Lori, we're glad you have decided to jump right in on the forum and get involved.   ;D  My NEW goal is 26 people to join us in this 30-day adventure.   We should all have goals . . . when you meet that goal, make a new one!!   ;D

Lucy - I bet the neighbors thought . . . "wow, look at Lucy today!!!!"  Tonight as you crawl into bed just think of all you have accomplished today!!  Maybe you can have hubby can give you a butt rub tonight ???   :D :o   Are you trying to give Pooh a run for her money???   ;D

Pooh - good job!!!  You should sleep well tonight!   ;D  Dinner sounds wonderful!!   Thumps up for the crock pot!!!

Please don't overdo it everyone . . . .

Bucky

Since I typed the above information, we've had another one join us . . . Redethal is number #22.  (sorry Redetha1, some of the posts were from people who are already registered . . according to my count, you are #22.)  But 27 is a good number too!!   ;D

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

roetta

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
I spent half an hour outside, sitting in the sun with my daughter. We listened to the birds chirp and the bees hum and talked about our days. It was really nice and with all she has been going through lately she needed the down time. (She is still having back pain, though not as frequently. Orthopedics referred her to rheumatology this last week. We go Nov 12th! Wish us luck!)

What a great idea getting outside was. I feel so refreshed! Tomorrow I might even work in the garden a bit.