Author Topic: 10 minutes / 30 day commitment, who will join me?  (Read 49795 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
10 minutes / 30 day commitment, who will join me?
« on: October 20, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
Today while I was outside mowing for 2 hrs. (this is when I do all my "thinking", nobody or anything to interrupt me, just me and my thoughts) . . . well, that is unless you count the 1,000's of ladybugs I was dodging while mowing . . . .   ;D, this is what I came up with.  I am usually one who likes to stay indoors.  It's either too hot, too cold, too many bugs, too windy, blah, blah, blah  . .  all my excuses for not going outside.   Well, today while I WAS outside I decided that for the next 30 days, 10 minutes each day, I will commit to going outside.  To get outside, get some fresh air, maybe some Vitamin D from the sun if it happens to be out while I'm out there, enjoy the changing of the seasons, the list can go on and on.  I figured 10 minutes a day for 30 days is a "doable" amount of time - I didn't want to say 30 minutes, do it one day and then quit.  I AM going to do this for the next 30 days starting tomorrow, Oct. 21st.

As of right this moment, we have 1572 members of Sjogren's World.  Granted, not all of them visit this site on a regular basis.  We have a lot of "newbies", plus some that have been here for years and years.  I would think out of 1572 members that at least 20 of you would join me in this 30 day commitment.  There is no money involved - just 10 minutes of your day.  10 "ME" minutes.   ;D    10 minutes to de-stress, clear your head, get some fresh air, maybe send some good thoughts and vibes to our fellow SjS members.   You can go for a walk, sit on the porch, circle your house/apartment, whatever . . just be outside for 10 minutes.  That's it . . it's that simple.

Who will join me?  IF you are willing to participate, just reply to this post and put the next corresponding number in your post next to your name.   This could be fun - I hope you will join me.    ;D  The more, the merrier!   ;D

Bucky - #1

Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Chickpea

Re: 10 minutes / 30 day commitment, who will join me?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
Bucky dearest - this is a brilliant idea!

Count me in.  My ten minutes won't be very active because I can't walk far but I can get out into the garden with my walker or a little further in my wheelchair.  We've got lovely autumn weather here in Brighton, England at the moment:  glorious golden leaves and sharp sunshine.  I'll be out there tomorrow and for at least 30 days after that.

Chickpea #2

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »
I'll think of all of you while I'm outside.   Great idea, Bucky!
Cheryl (#3)
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

bigb00

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »
I somewhat do this already. I take my dog for a walk when I come home from work. Some day its So0o0o0o hard as I'm tired and achy.. But i do it because she counts on it. Most days it's not so bad! I enjoy the weather, the season and get to think like you said!

Patze

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »
Okay, I'm jumping in too with both feet!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

newtosjs

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 06:14:48 PM »
Reply #6, Count me in, do we start tomorrow? Me time sounds good!

JannaLee

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »
I guess I'm in too...

Janna

Poochie

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »
Okay Bucky, count me in.  Unless the freezing weather comes back, I'll do my best to keep it up.  Brrrr!  We had snow over the weekend.  Didn't stay, but it was sooooooooooo cold. :o

Good luck everyone, it sure can't hurt us.  8)

Hugs, Pooh #8

genko_b

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:59:26 PM »
I'm out there every day anyway, weeding, pruning, or raking leaves, so I might as well get credit for it!

Genko #9

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 08:11:04 PM »
Count me in too!!

Cricket #10   8)
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Epson

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »
I just read and interesting article on this subject and unless your wearing short a sleeve shirt and shorts, your not going to get enough rays to change anything.  I'll be getting my D from a bottle.

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »
I'm so pleased to see we have 10 people so far who are willing to commit to this fun little project for the next 30 days.   ;D

Newtosjs - yes, this starts Wednesday, Oct. 21st.

Epson - well, then we'll just take our Vitamin D from milk or a bottle - but, we're still going outside!   :D

I'll check back daily.  Enjoy your 10 minutes!!   ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

eyeamdry

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 10:56:49 PM »
I may be a minute late here, but I'll commit to 10 minutes outside every day.  If my husband knows of this, he would thank the author!  Lucy

Katybarstool

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 12:16:54 AM »
Briloiant idea. Me too!!

Kathyx #12

allium

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 07:40:35 AM »
All right Bucky..

But, I want to skip all the way with my pocket full of Twizzlers!

Trying for the hill down the street.  ;)

Sheila