Author Topic: "take these on an empty stomach".....5 times a day? LOL  (Read 1946 times)

missyb

"take these on an empty stomach".....5 times a day? LOL
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:16:19 AM »
gosh I'm SOOO annoyed...all of a sudden I am back to taking a bunch of PILLS all day again! I am only 42 and feel like some old bag whose life revolves around a pill organizer  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
First the thyroid meds, there are 2 kinds, and they can't interact with other food or meds for2 hours for the best effect the pharmacist said, so 2 hours later, there is dose one of elmiron, which is also on an empty stomach, then protonix and minocycline and my moducare.
Then the elimiron dose 2, empty stomach again..How is that even possible? How the flip do I know if my stomach is empty, since I have to wait 3 hours before I can eat, I'm thinking it still has something in there! LOL
Then elmiron, mincocycline and moducare again..
Twice a day in addition I need to do my homone gels, which are topical, but still one more thing tor remember!
I am not the most organized person and I HATE rattling of all this stuff at appts like I am some kind of ill person ..  this totally sux

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: "take these on an empty stomach".....5 times a day? LOL
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:20:02 AM »
Some pharmacies will make up a schedule for you if you ask, so that meds will be taken at the appropriate times with relation to food. You can also ask if the meds (other than the thyroid ones) can be taken at the same time.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

sboller

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:17:22 PM »
Hello

Are you taking elimron for interstitial cystis?  I took elimron for about 2 year for that, but decided to try to go off it and see what happens.  Occasionally I still get bladder spasms and I urised for that, and only when I am having the bladder cramps.  So far it has worked for me to quit the elimron.  Not suggesting that would work for you.  Just sharing my information.

Sheri

fatburningmachine

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
c'est impossible!

eyeamdry

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:21:51 PM »
Missy, I make a list of all my meds (11 or 12) and keep it on my computer.  Each time I go to a doctor, I hand them a slip with my list of meds on it.  I also carry one in my wallet.  I have to do this as I have several drs and I want each one to know what the others have prescribed. 

I am only 42 and feel like some old bag whose life revolves around a pill  organizer

Part of that sentence probably includes 3/4 of the membership on SW. lol

Lucy