Author Topic: Sudden severe hip pain in the middle of the night  (Read 3995 times)

Babs659

• "LIVE YOUR LIFE"
Sudden severe hip pain in the middle of the night
« on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
I didn't see much about this topic when I did a search so I figured I start a new thread.  My right hip had severe pain when I rolled over in bed last night.  It didn't hurt too much unless I tried to move my leg.  I didn't overdo any activity yesterday.  This morning it is still sore and I'm limping, but it's a lot better.

Do you all think this is Sjs, or not?  I heard the joint pain is usually in the small bones of the hands and feet...
52 year old female with Sjs, Hashimoto's, hypertension, osteopenia, rosacea, Raynaud's, GERD, ANA homogenous 1:1280.  Plaquenil, Synthroid, Evoxac, Aciphex, Quinipril, Vit D.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Sudden severe hip pain in the middle of the night
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »
Hi Babs  :)

I'm afraid I haven't a clue but I'd run it past your doc if I were you.

I hope it keeps easing off for you.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Patze

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »
Hi Babs,

Yeah, it can be so frustrating and painful!  Sometimes it isn't because of something you've done or not, it just happens.  Is there a pattern for this pain by chance?

I know it's not the hips for me, but across the lower back and down the right leg again.  Dang thought I'd finally gotten rid of that mess.  It's starting again.  I don't want to go back to physical therapy - wah, wah!!!! ;) :D

Hang in there, and take it easy, okay?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

sewandsew

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:20:25 PM »
I had the same problem for months.  The rheumy said it was bursitis and was going to do an injection.  My pc said not to do it.  I change rheumy's in the meantime and haven't had any problem.  No doubt,  it is probably the Sjs as it becomes a trash can for a zillion different symptoms I am finding out. 

Katybarstool

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
Hi Babs

I get hip pain too. Sometimes it's really sore, and then suddenly the pain goes. I would still mention it to your doctor though, as it could be arthritis.

Kathyx 

mom2boys

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 03:41:44 PM »
I have left hip pain.  Celebrex helps the pain in my hands and feet and pretty much my right ankle.  The hip pain started a couple months back and is just like my ankle used to be; worse after sitting or lying.  I try not to sleep on my left side much.

SueAnn

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 03:47:58 PM »
I had major pain in my hip and was limping a while back. My PC said it was bursitis and gave me a prednisone pack for it.   It must have been the problem because it went away in a couple of days.
Sjs
Cellcept, Plaquenil, Evoxac, Prednisone, Restasis, and Tramadol.
SAM-e, calcium, Vit D3
Female - 52

Babs659

• "LIVE YOUR LIFE"
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
How was your bursitis diagnosed? ???
52 year old female with Sjs, Hashimoto's, hypertension, osteopenia, rosacea, Raynaud's, GERD, ANA homogenous 1:1280.  Plaquenil, Synthroid, Evoxac, Aciphex, Quinipril, Vit D.

sewandsew

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »
Babs:  The rheumy pressed around on the hip and when it really hurt he said that was the bursa.  When my PC said to skip the injection I was a bit apprehensive because I was tired of the hip pain at night.  Lo and behold, it went away but does return on occasion.  I think it pops up from laying on that side.

Bernice

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 01:04:11 AM »
I get these searing pains in the hips that comes and goes, they will surely wake you in the night upon attempting to turn or stretch. Mine are day and night though. I get the old, old, old lady walk too. Between my back, hip and feet walking can be quite a hard task. And Lord fo-bid all three are inflamed at the same time! Now that's a sight to see!

Thank God they come and go!

Nans

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
>>The rheumy said it was bursitis and was going to do an injection.  My pc said not to do it. <<

I had the same thing - pain in the left hip that would come and go.  My rheumy pressed around and when I felt the pain she said it was bursitis.  She gave me an injection and I haven't had any pain there since.  That was about 6 weeks ago.

Nancy

ktfabian

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 08:25:31 PM »
I get bursitis in a couple of different places.  They usually rotate and I've started calling it my joint  de jour, as in the soup de jour (of the day) at a restaurant.  Both hips, just below my knee on the right side, the right knee itself - there's always one of them going and the pain can get really ot of hand sometimes.  I'm already on steroid (8mg medrol) but if the bursitis gets really bad, my doctor will give me adose pack and have me run each of the doses twice as long.

I hope you are feeling better soon.  We Sjoggies don't need anything extra to interfere with our sleep.
Tracy

Babs659

• "LIVE YOUR LIFE"
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 06:13:34 AM »
Thanks, all.  I have not had a re-occurence of the bad pain, but it's still a bit sore and tender to the touch.

I like to try to stay active. 
Does anyone know if it's okay to do some walking when you have bursitis?  Or should I wait until the pain is totally gone? :-\

Bernice

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 08:19:16 PM »
Hip pain? Is an all time favorite of SJS here at my house.

Joy Cox

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »
Hip pain? Is an all time favorite of SJS here at my house.

-----------------------Hey Bernice, I'm at it again quoting you...  :-\My lower pain in groin, hips, low back has now shown up under my left shoulder blade. Sure to h*** trust it does not go to my head or Im a goner....

We seem to be complaining about the cool weather and windy day... just think, can't have fog if there's wind... Maybe tomorrow will be a clear day for this ole granny!!!